Everyone dreams of a island getaway. Can you imagine what it would feel like to be the king or queen of your very own private beach?
These visions of frolicking in crystal clear waters while being waited on hand and foot don’t have to stay in your daydreams, however. You can absolutely visit a private island without breaking the bank!
This list of 10 of the world’s cheapest private island getaways—from the most expensive to most affordable—has something for everyone. From sightseeing to water sports, you can do it all… without putting a dent in your savings.
10. Royal Belize, Belize ($5,000/night): This might be the most expensive private island getaway on the list, but since it sleeps 18 and includes a full staff, kayaking, snorkeling, and paddle boarding equipment, it’s not hard to see why! Split it up with friends and you’ll save a ton.
9. Cherry Island, Canada ($2,466/night): This “cottage” cost its owners millions of dollars to build, but you don’t need millions to stay there. This private island in Ontario’s Muskoka Lakes region is as stunning as it is secluded.
8. Exclusive Private Island Custom, Belize ($1,643/night): What doesn’t this 14-bedroom escape located in Little Harvest Cay have? There’s a boat with a driver, a full-time chef, and insane views of the Maya mountains. Let’s go!
7. East Sister Rock Island, Florida ($1,613/night): This heavenly private retreat is just a three-minute boat ride away from the mainland. Plus, if you’ve got a helicopter, you’re in luck—there’s a helicopter pad for easy access!
6. Ipil Waterfront, Philippines ($801/night): This amazing rental is located in Palawan, an archipelago made up of 1,780 islands. Your three-bedroom villa gives you killer views of those massive limestone cliffs, making you feel like you’re in another world.
5. Prospect Point House, Bahamas ($720/night): This amazing private rental is located in Big Farmers Cay. That means plenty of activity for anyone who likes spending time on the water, plus lots of wild pig sightings!
4. Private Island Rental, Thousand Islands, New York ($604/night): This private island is located on the famous Lake of the Isles, which is known for being curiously warm all the year round! Go for a nice soothing swim and then savor your own private domain.
3. Area 51, Ship Channel Cay, Bahamas ($450/night): On this private island you can savor everything the Caribbean has to offer all without lifting a finger! That’s because this rental comes complete with a full-time staff to meet your every whim.
2. Bird Island, Belize ($435/night): Number two on this list is an island that’s located in the heart of a coral reef. You’re paying to stay on the island, yes, but the bonus of crystal clear waters and access to amazing marine life can’t be ignored.
1. Colleton River Plantation, Bluffton, South Carolina ($307/night): This private island plantation is the number-one most affordable island getaway that you can rent—and it’s only $307 per night! It’s perfect for people who just can’t stand the resort feel of nearby Hilton Head, and there are over 150 acres of land to be explored at a price that you just can’t beat.